Enjoy the quiet life.
It's better in the country. That's why you want to live in a rural community.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) subsidizes qualified borrowers through the Rural Housing Loan.
The USDA determines what "rural" means, and that varies widely by state. But if you're eligible, you can qualify for lower monthly payments and you don't need money for a down payment.
You'll also spend less time in traffic driving to the closing.
- Available as a 15-year or 30-year option with a fixed rate.
- Finance 100% of your home with no down payment requirement.
- The loan's income eligibility cap varies by community.
- Down Payment: none.
- Terms: 15 or 30 years, fixed rate.
- Credit Score: 620 minimum.
- Mortgage Insurance: Yes.
- Maximum Loan Limit: Yes, varies by county.